915-colm Castle hotel Mid Franconia in Bavaria Burghotel, Restaurant, golf course, Frankonia, German castles road between Nuremburg Nurnberg Nuremburg 60 km, Rothenburg o. d. Tauber 18 km and Romantic road between Dinkelsbuhl, Ansbach 16 km, Nordlingen, Romantic road, Wurzburg, Fussen, Frankfurt airport and Munich / Munchen airport, castles, hotels,
Apart from two ladies of the castle, Sophie and Gertrud, being mentioned in a council book of the City of Rothenburg in 1269, one of the most important documents is a contract of July 17, 1318, which confirms the sale of the castle by the Count of Truhendingen at the price of 6200 pounds heller.
One year after the mentioned change of ownership in 1318 and twelve years before the Hohenzollern started to rule in Ansbach, King Ludwig turned the Bavarian fiefs into Imperial fiefs and invested the burgraves of Nuremberg with the land.
It was here at the castle that Burgrave Friedrich VI., who lived here in seclusion with his wife Elisabeth, called "beautiful Else", made the far-reaching decision to go to Hungary and support Emperor Sigismund.
At the Imperial Diet at Constance in 1415 the Emperor therefore invested him with the Brandenburg March which was to form the core of the Prussian Empire.
The castle was never taken neither in the war of the cities in 1449 nor in the peasants' war in 1525 nor in following devastations of the small market town beneath of the castle by Imperial troops.
In 1791 the market town was made part of Prussia together with the margravate Ansbach, in 1806 it became part of Bavaria. From 1806 until 1880 the castle was the seat of the revenue office of the Kingdom of Bavaria.
Since 1880 the castle has been privately owned. From 1927 to 1964 it belonged to the last Imperial Consul in Japan Dr. Dr. hc. E. A. Voretzsch.
In 1964 the local family Unbehauen bought the castle and opened it to the public.
There is a knights hall.
Restaurant in the 915-colm castle hotel Mid Franconia
Various rooms for 10 to 130 people suitable for meetings,
2 seminar rooms till 25 people.
Wedding functions with ceremony in the castle chapel till 60 people.
Restaurant closed in January and February.
Around the 915-colm castle hotel Mid Franconia
Rothenburg, Dinkelsbuhl, Nordlingen andFeuchtwangen
The 915-colm castle hotel Mid Franconia is the starting point of many beautiful hiking tours and excursions to medieval towns such as Rothenburg, Dinkelsbuhl, Nordlingen (with the big round town wall, many town wall towers and a very high church tower with a marvelous round view) and Feuchtwangen.
Visit the Franconian Open Air Museum at Bad Windsheim and relax in the Franconian Lake Area, a paradise for swimming, surfing and sailing.
|915-colm castle hotel Mid Franconia, German castles road, Bavaria, between Nuremburg Nurnberg and Rothenburg o. d. Tauber|
915-colm castle hotel Mid Franconia
Frankonia, German castles road, Bavaria, Germany
All rights reserved. Without guarantee. Subject to change.